Tuesday 22 January 2013

a feast of fancy

My dear friend (and partner in life-desiring) Liv and I are hoping to overcome the combined ridiculousness of our chaotic but delightful lives, to create a space to be creative together.

We haven't thought much about details, I hope it will just unfold and unfurl in the way that it is meant to. be whatever deliciousness it can be. 

What we are thinking about so far, is something along the lines of a writing project every few weeks. A group of us are going down south to Pemberton for the weekend (to defiantly NOT celebrate invasion day) so Liv and I hope to find some time to kick off then. Our idea for the First Feast is 'haiku'. And I think from there we will alternate each time, one feast we can pick a form and leave the theme free, and then the next feast we can pick a theme and leave the form free.

I think this will be so valuable to me, in terms of seeking out new ways to be creative. To have some sort of structure to frame the ridiculous ebullient deluge. To have a way to manifest it into something meaningful, to feel like i am creating something tangible.

No comments:

Post a Comment