Monday 4 November 2013

notes from degraves

Adventure
I didn’t want an adventure
not tonight
I just wanted to spend the night with you
I just wanted to feel safe

Of course
Of course I understand
it's me. that is what I do.

How I know
It’s not warm
there’s no want to touch
there’s not much looking
I just think you sort of don’t care
not caring... it’s in your posture
and in your gait

A drunk poet at the Drunken Poet
Red wine
sitting back to the bar
legs crossed
lean back
eyes closed

Theresa
Wore a cherry dress
black head scarf
and no shoes
it should have been sublime

Green car
I saw your face as you walked in
i shrugged my shoulders
you sort of hugged me
you were sort of sorry
we drove home sort of silent
in your mum’s green car

A room away
So you put the sleeping bag on the couch
as I brushed my teeth
and I heard your goodnight
from a room away

Gut
by strong lamplight without pants
Knees bent up near my chin
chest still trembling
with a neglected tea
and words in my gut

How
How can there be so much between us
but none of it I can feel here

Wet Hair
She came over
I wasn't wearing pants,
she wasn’t wearing a shirt
she hugged and kissed me goodnight
she was sorry
I held her close and felt her care
her wet hair pressed damp against my mouth

I needed that from you
I needed you to be the one in wet rugby shorts and a sports bra
with care knitted across your face

No comments:

Post a Comment