Saturday 2 February 2013

Haikus about Pemberton


‘Open quirky den’

How could I say no?

Hoarder, wrangler, thief

Knees up on the couch

Here is where I pined for you

Sipping thick red wine

Morning breakfast feast

Teeth tearing at melon flesh 

Juice runs down my chin

Bright tawny orange 

Across azure blue sky

Freckled and dappled

Naked morning swim 

Together in the river

Bits in, nipples next

Sitting neglected

Steeped, acerbic, tepid

An abandoned tea

Walking down the stairs

Here is where I wanted to

Fuck you in the dirt

Golden like butter

Softly melting and dripping

The sky licks the sun

Night falls around us 

Our spirits swell within us

Hands pressed to my mouth

In the lake house bed

Tangled and tessellated

While the hammock groans

Thick white trees like ghosts

Withered and gnarled physique

Haunting the highway

No comments:

Post a Comment