Saturday 23 February 2013

the first poem

'i've got something for you'
it was wild, wild risk
it was sublime silences
your voice thick with new discovery
warm upon my ear

i crossed my legs
closed my eyes
tilted back my head
you flicked through amy's
new poetry book
hunting for more for us

we marvelled at her boldness
the power of such complicated
big things
manifested in such few words
so that they shuddered for nearly bursting
they tasted wild on our lips

we had been talking about needing silence
loudness - an exigency of distance
and we know me
my dichotomy of needs
my restlessness and frustration
the fear of not articulating

but we swam in the silence
which grew
tangible, tactile, tastable
intoxicating

it was your idea
for the rest of the night
we could only feed eachother
15 words or less


(This is a very special poem to me because it was the first time i wrote freely, of a moment, without expectations or restrictions. The feeling that i got during and after creating this was unparalleled happiness, a deep life happiness. It was the first poem i recorded in my new poetry book which I decided was a vessel for free creation)

No comments:

Post a Comment