Saturday 8 June 2013

Sophie's dancing

There's this thing that you do....


You dance with your eyes closed

Not clenched shut in defiance.

Just a .... gentle shutting of the curtains. 

It's a beautiful expression of... Feeling free. I feel like you are in your own world, but still here with us. You don't shut anyone out by closing your eyes. You simply.... Bring something very special, very free into your body. I think maybe your eyes are shut to protect that thing. 

And you dance. Sometimes it's just a little shuffle. You bop your head around 

Sometimes it's an all out jive. 
You get this beat in your whole body. You do this great thing with your hands. 

I love watching people watch you. 
This quizzical expression on their face. I can imagine their thought process: surprise and thrall in equal parts. 

Because its not that usual. To see someone dance freely. 
But it's beautiful. And they understand that. I recognise certainty on people's faces. People know when they are in the presence of something strong. unique. untouchable. 

I wonder if you know the impact you have on people, when you are peacefully, comfortably, insouciantly yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment